Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Baked Zitti

I love baked zitti - and always always make the mistake of ordering at S'Barro where I know that its terrrible! I found this super simple recipe and in 30 min or so you are all set with some super good zitti...

Ingredients:
Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 grated
Pasta - tube shaped like rigatoni
1 Can stewed tomatoes sliced or diced - italian style
2 tablespoons of oil
2-3 tablespoons Onion
1 Clove garlic
Preheat oven to 450
In a medium pot fill 3/4 with water heat to a boil.
Carefully put in the pasta.
The garlic really makes this I think - dont skimp on the onions or the garlic.
On medium heat, heat the oil, put in the onion and garlic.
Cook until the onion is translucent.
Add the can of stewed tomatoes.

Cook the pasta until its aldente - Remember its has to cook a bit more in the tomatoe mix then in the oven. If its overcooked, you just end up with mush - Yuk!

Ok al dente pasta - carefully mix it in with the tomatoe and onions.
Mix well, Pour 1/2 into baking dish - I used my pie dish cuz if use a bigger baking dish I just eat it all!!
Top with 1/2 the mozarella cheese.
Add remaining pasta - Top with remaining cheese.

Bake for 7 to 10 min or until the cheese bubbles.

2 comments:

  1. yay!! bmike was JUST talkin about this the other day. i'm gonna make it. just dont know when. does it HAVE to be mozzarella?? could i use jack? colby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture? Some of us non-cookers need to know what the end result should look like, ya know! ") I can't burn this, can I? ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete